Five reasons to buy a Mercedes C-Class
When it comes to the junior executive market, the winner of the WhatCar 2016 Car of the Year – the Audi A4 is pretty much unbeatable. But if you do fancy something slightly different, the Mercedes C-Class is definitely worth a look. It’s a high performance cruiser, with a top quality interior, plenty of equipment – even on the standard models, and a wide range of engines – most of which are economical. Here are five reasons for considering the C-Class:
- AEB as standard. Every C-Class comes with Autonomous Emergency Braking as standard. With this potentially lifesaving technology you also get seven airbags and a driver attention monitor too. This is no doubt the reason the C-Class gets a five-star rating from Euro NCAP.
- Top quality cabin. The interior of the C-Class is a pleasant place. Space is plentiful, especially in the front. The Comand infotainment system works well too. Elsewhere, high quality material has been used in the fittings, which conveys an element of class.
- Hybrid power. The petrol-electric hybrid edition of the C-Class – the C350e – has a range of 19 miles on electric power alone, and claims to return a staggering 134.5mpg. So, if lower CO2 emissions are top of your agenda, you could do a lot worse than the C-Class.
- Boot Space. The C-Class packs a fair amount of boot space, with 480 litres to play with. That puts it level with the BMW 3 Series so more than enough room for a set of golf clubs or a substantial weekly shop. The retractable rear seats can extend that even further and when folded they lie quite flat.
- Lots of kit. The entry-level SE comes with plenty of goodies: Leather seats, climate control, cruise control, and a reversible camera. Shell out a bit more for the Sports trim and you get heated seats, front and rear parking sensors and sat-nav.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!