6 tips when buying a used Mercedes
The back catalogue of Mercedes-Benz is a procession of beautiful and luxurious cars, meaning the price tags attached to the sides of most of them is usually fairly hefty. Buying a brand new Merc is often not an option, but it is possible to get your hands on quality, well maintained, used editions that aren’t necessarily so exorbitantly priced.
Here are a few tips to bear in mind when purchasing a used Mercedes-Benz that will ensure your money goes as far as possible.
- Target a Model/Era. Mercedes have been producing top-quality vehicles for a long time, so you might want to narrow your search by selecting a specific model or era. Have a think about what sort of driving you’ll be using the car for, and what your personal taste is.
- Compare online. Once you’ve got an idea of what Mercedes to go for, you should start looking at decent used car dealerships online. Don’t get dazzled by prices – focus instead on dealerships that have a solid reputation.
- Examine. When you’ve shortlisted a vehicle, thoroughly examine it both inside and out. There are lots of handy online guides that can tell you what to look for. Make sure you take it out for a test drive and if possible, ask a mechanic for their professional opinion.
- Service history report. Don’t be fooled by appearance. The car you’re looking at may appear absolutely fine, but there could be all sorts of nasty surprises not instantly apparent. Make sure you’re provided with a full service history that details the vehicle’s past.
- Consider repairs. Before making a purchase, make sure there is the capability locally to make repairs should they become necessary.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!